For every donation, you are able to claim 33.33% back as a tax credit. This year the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) have updated their process. If you would like to request your donation tax credit you can now do this online by simply using a tax receipt, either a pdf, photo or scan of a physical document.
You can submit the receipt given to you each time you make a cash donation, or if you are one of our regular givers you can wait for a collated tax receipt which has your details for the full year. You will need a myIR login or alternatively a RealMe login.
We have put together a step by step guide if you would like to use this new process.
1. Register, or log in to your myIR account. If you do not have one, please take note when you are signing up that you want to be able to receive donation tax credits and you will need your IRD number.
2. Once you have signed in and are are on the home page you will see on the page, underneath 'accounts', a 'donation tax credit'. Click on this to begin the process.
3. This will bring up a page, which says ‘add new receipt'.
4. You will need to enter the details of the donee name. This is The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ.
5. Our charity number is CC23722.
6. You will also need to enter our IRD number which is 60-328-560 and the amount you have donated. This has been collated on your donation receipt.
7. The form will ask what type of organisation- religious, school, kindergarten or other. For The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ this will be ‘other’.
8. You can attach the receipt can be by saving the pdf to your own computer and uploading it. If you have a physical copy the IRD will also accept a scan or a photo of the receipt.
9. Once all of the required fields have been filled you can press 'next' to go through to the following page. This will summarise the receipt and ask you to confirm. If it all looks correct, press 'next' again.
10. On the final page it will ask you if you would like to transfer your credit. You can press 'yes' if you wish to do so (for example back to The Foundation) and no if you would like the credit to come back to you.
Then press submit!
If you would like to donate your credit back to The Foundation- thank you. You are able to do this at the end of the online process, or please feel free to get in touch at 0800 227 229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for your continued support of The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ.