For every donation you make, you are able to claim 33.33% back as a tax credit, and you can claim up to four years previous if you haven't already done so. Below we have some details on how to claim this back yourself through the IRD, or leave it up to our partners at Supergenerous to do the work for you.
This year we have partnered with Supergenerous to create a hassle-free way for you to sort your rebates.
They’re a Kiwi platform simplifying the process for claiming and regifting donation tax rebates. No more tracking every donation you make or manually uploading receipts with the IRD. All you need to do is sign up, and they will do the rest for you.
You can then decide if you want to keep your rebate or donate it back to The Foundation, making your donation go even further.
And for every new donor that signs up in March 2022, they’ll also donate $5 to The Foundation. Just make sure the promo code sg5-THEF584 is showing on your sign-up form.
If you would prefer to claim your tax back yourself, you can do this online by simply using a tax receipt - either a pdf, photo or scanned version of a physical document.
Please note -
We have put together a step by step guide for you.
1. Register, or log in to your myIR account. If you do not have one, please take note when you are signing up that you want to be able to receive donation tax credits and you will need your IRD number.
2. Once you have signed in and are are on the home page you will see on the page, underneath 'accounts', a 'donation tax credit'. Click on this to begin the process.
3. This will bring up a page, which says ‘add new receipt'.
4. You will need to enter the details of the donee name. This is The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ.
5. Our charity number is CC23722.
6. You will also need to enter our IRD number which is 60-328-560 and the amount you have donated. This has been collated on your donation receipt.
7. The form will ask what type of organisation- religious, school, kindergarten or other. For The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ this will be ‘other’.
8. You can attach the receipt can be by saving the pdf to your own computer and uploading it. If you have a physical copy the IRD will also accept a scan or a photo of the receipt.
9. Once all of the required fields have been filled you can press 'next' to go through to the following page. This will summarise the receipt and ask you to confirm. If it all looks correct, press 'next' again.
10. On the final page it will ask you if you would like to transfer your credit. You can press 'yes' if you wish to do so (for example back to The Foundation) and no if you would like the credit to come back to you.
Then press submit!
If you would like to donate your credit back to The Foundation- thank you. You are able to do this at the end of the online process, or please feel free to get in touch at 0800 227 229 or email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your continued support of The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ.